Christ-centred, Word-based, Spirit-led Learning & Leadership Development
Horizon Leadership College (HZLC) offers quality tertiary Christian study and leadership development in the context of a leading church.
You are created for destiny!
Ephesians 2:10 states that you are God’s masterpiece! His artwork! You were actually made for a purpose – you hold a piece of God’s plan for the earth. Part of the journey of destiny is cultivating the gold that God has placed in you in the right environment.
The Discipleship Intensive is just the place for your next step in realising your God-given destiny! This year-long experience provides personal mentorship and practical ministry immersion in the context of Horizon Church. You will have the opportunity to engage in the “behind the scenes” aspects of church ministry while growing and developing your leadership capacity through weekly Disciple Sessions and regular team meetings.
You can expect to establish strong foundations, build lifelong spiritual disciplines, work in vibrant team environments, and be championed in your God-given call. We want to see people grow into all God has for them and see His Kingdom expand.
We encourage you to consider taking one year to intentionally invest in your personal growth and future!
Brad and Alison Bonhomme
Senior Pastors, Horizon Church
APPLY NOW FOR 2024
A minimum commitment of a full day Tuesday and Sunday Church services is required to complete The Discipleship Intensive.
*The Discipleship Intensive breaks for School Holidays
The Discipleship Intensive Fee is $500 per annum.
Orientation Day: Tuesday 6th February, 2024
Course Start Date: Tuesday 13th February, 2024
Discipleship Intensive Tuesdays
The Discipleship Intensive runs on Tuesdays. Each Tuesday students will gather together for a 1 hour leadership session featuring content from the digital classroom as well as input from Horizon Church Pastoral Team. These Sessions will centre around discipleship and leadership with a view to developing your understanding, sense of call, and foundational skills.
The rest of the day will be spent working directly within your elected ministry Department.
You will receive personal mentoring from your Department Leader as well as regular interaction with your Program Coordinator.
A Sample of the types of ministry activities that you may engage in:
- Building Department Teams
- Planning Events
- Caring for our Community
- Connecting New People
- Administrative Tasks
- Organisation and Logistics
- Leadership Development
- Prayer and Worship
- Exposure to Various Ministry Areas
- Training and Development
- Mentoring Sessions
The Discipleship Intensive includes placement within one of the vibrant ministry Departments of Horizon Church in its various locations:
NSW CAMPUSES (SUTHERLAND SHIRE & SOUTH WEST):
- Young Adults
- Pastoral Care
- Birthday in a Box / Missions
- New Christians/New People
WA CAMPUSES (PERTH, DUNSBOROUGH & BUSSELTON):
- Young Adults
- Campus Planting
- Other (by discussion)
Can I study full-time and take part in The Discipleship Intensive?
Yes! Many of our previous students have studied full-time and committed to a year of intentional, personal growth and ministry experience. Please be aware that a minimum commitment of a full day Tuesday and Sunday mornings is required to complete The Discipleship Intensive.
Can I work full-time and complete The Discipleship Intensive?
- Many of our previous students have been employed full-time. Please be aware that a minimum commitment of a full day Tuesday and Sunday mornings is required to complete The Discipleship Intensive. This may mean an adjustment to your work commitments to accommodate.
Who is The Discipleship Intensive for?
The Discipleship Intensive is open to any person desiring a focused year of personal growth and ministry development. Past students have included:
- Year 12 graduates seeking a ‘gap year’
- University students desiring a discipleship experience
- Career people designating a time in the week for personal growth
- Mature people seeking a new avenue for service and personal development
What will I gain from The Discipleship Intensive?
You will gain:
- A wealth of experience through ‘hands-on’ ministry;
- Personal ministry mentoring from a Department Leader;
- New friends with the same desire to grow in God;
- spiritual disciplines to deepen your relationship with God;
- Opportunity to challenge yourself in a high-input environment.
Is The Discipleship Intensive running at all Campuses?
The Discipleship Intensive will run at all campuses, utilising our online platforms and campus-based Department Leaders.
What is the time commitment?
- A minimum commitment of a full day Tuesday and Sunday mornings is required to complete The Discipleship Intensive.
Is there a course fee?
- The course fee is deliberately accessible and low-cost. A one-off annual fee of $500 is charged to cover the administration and course content of The Discipleship Intensive.
Will I have to complete formal assessments?
- There are no formal assessments or grades applied to the course. The Discipleship Intensive is a ‘learning and immersion’ experience that is not formally assessed or accredited.
How do I apply?
- Click the Apply Now button below!
- All applications will be considered. Horizon Church seeks to accommodate each applicant, but due to department resource availability and Campus capacity, we cannot guarantee placements.
- Applicants will receive a response once applications are considered. More information about course dates and department allocations will be given to successful applicants.